Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Douglas Fundraising Event!

On March 31st, Mark and I held a bake sale at the Graduate School of Education, which was a rousing success! Not only did we raise almost $100 for affordable housing, but we met a girl who needed to pair a beneficiary with a sponsor who was willing to hold an event to raise money. What luck!

As a result, this past Thursday we held a fundraiser at Douglas Cosmetics for Bike and Build!
10% of all sales between 5pm and 7pm went to Bike and Build, and Douglas had a number of fun extras planned, too!

- Everyone who came and mentioned Bike and Build while making a purchase received 10% off.
- If a purchase was over $100, the customer was able to choose a scent of his/her choice from a gift table
- Free food!
- Free facial massages!
- Free makeovers!

Overall, everyone seemed to be having a lot of fun! We are still waiting for final numbers, but I believe we earned close to $200!

As you can see, I am creeping every closer to my fundraising goal -- I think we may even exceed it, which is fabulous!

52 days until the trip!
I've almost put 400 miles on my bike, and I definitely feel much more capable of biking all day every day for 2 months than I did at the beginning of the year! I hope to make a second trip out to Valley Forge this weekend. The weather forecast says it may rain, but I guess I need to get used to riding in the rain, since there won't be an option this summer! :)

Thank you thank you thank you so much for your support!! This is a truly wonderful cause, and certainly one that needs to be recognized.


No comments:

Post a Comment